Thursday 13 November 2008

Lampwork Love

'Emerald Isle' Lampwork bracelet


Today is a very typical autumnal day in these parts. Patches of blue sky are suddenley overshadowed by deep grey scudding clouds, wild winds send fallen leaves flamenco dancing into the air and sudden squalls soak you within minutes before passing over.

I came home from the little ones toddler group this morning soaked through and more than ready for a little dose of solitude and calm. I suddenely remembered a little something I had hidden away a few weeks ago as I hung our wet coats by the radiator to dry and decided I would dig this little packet out...it seemed unkind for something so pretty to be hidden away in a small envelope at the back of my craft drawers!



I was lucky enough to stumble upon these handmade (and exceptionally pretty and unique) lampwork beads some time ago, but with time being of the essence of late, I had tucked them safely into my drawer and forgotten about them in the midst of plastering, tiling and general mass upheaval of our current decorating project.


I used sterling silver findings, swarovski crystals in the palest green and softest lemon yellow as well as some glass beads that have the most beautiful foil inlay to set off the distinctive lampwork beads. Im wondering if it would make a nice present for somebody special!


This time of year, my attention is still focused on creating hand made Christmas cards, Im working on a commission card right now for a wonderful lady in America who has always been a huge supporter of my work (thanks Lisa!). The theme is Candle Light and I am using a country/shabby chic style to create this card for her with a special message inside. Its always nice to be able to create something like this for someone, working with their ideas or sometimes just one word to play with - its a reward in itself if the finished piece is just what they were hoping for.

There are more paintings on the horizon too, once the kitchen is finished, Im hoping I can reclaim my Art Day with a passion and get down to some serious work again.

Until then...sending you a warm cashmere shawl to keep you cosy this cold November day!

J x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...