Tuesday 24 February 2009

Spring, Cards and Art Randoms

Gorgeous tiny irises in the back garden

The other evening it felt surprisingly mild outside, well, for February at least so I took the opportunity of the good light and grabbed a couple of soul lifting, inspiring spring photos of things that are blooming in our magical garden. Just after I took this picture and decided to bring the washing in, a stunning little kingfisher flew over my head!!

Pretty 'Denim' primroses outside the back door
Now the season is on the turn and spring is very much in the air, I am turning my thoughts towards card designs for easter, birthdays and mothers day to name but a few upcoming occasions, and today I completed three cards. They are fairly time consuming, being totally hand crafted but much love goes into them and I thoroughly enjoy creating them. You can see a few pics below of what Ive been up to.

Handcrafted Wedding Invitation

'Vintage Heart' Hand Crafted Birthday Card

Vintage Flower - Hand Crafted Birthday Card close up
You can see the Vintage designs at my website where they are currently up for sale!


As well as card designs, Im also turning my attention to equally pressing matters, and that is the creation of 3 pieces of work which Im going to be submitting for approval to the lovely folks at the Great Sheffield Art Show. My selection day isn't til mid May but theres alot to do before that, as well as completing the said work I also have to get them beautifully framed (and Im always delighted by the gorgeous peeps at Curo who have worked wonders and miracles with my art work before!)

At the moment, Im dreaming up ideas, sketching things and jotting down notes. Ive chosen acrylic and oil pastel to work with on square canvas boards and the work will be of an illustrative nature. I can't share much more than that because the ideas are still pretty hazy but I'll share more along the way as things develop!

Time for a cuppa.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...