Saturday 24 May 2014

A New Start



Hello friends,

I'm really not sure where the last few months have gone - to find myself in May already, and realise that my last blog post was way back in February is pretty mind boggling to say the least.

In case you've been wondering where I've been, and what I've been up to then let me fill you in.

I have been spending alot of my down time taking some e-courses; including Holly Becker's Blogging Your Way (BYW) which has just concluded, and the Lilla Rogers MATS Bootcamp, which I'm working on now - the artwork below is part of our current assignment which is for an editorial on meditation.


BYW is really very good; I wasn't sure what I'd glean from it, but considering I felt that my blogging mojo had taken a pretty long hike with no forseeable return date, I figured there was probably something I could learn from it, and I absolutely did!!  I'd highly recommend Holly's course for anyone who feels remotely stuck or bored with their blogging efforts.  It's also for people who want to tidy up their blogs and learn exciting tips and techniques for making their blogs stand out from the crowd.

As well as this, I've been busy working away behind the scenes, boosting my portolio with some much needed new art work (see top for new birthday card art) for which I have some new plans for.  I'm also working with a talented graphic designer on some proper grown up branding, which I am really excited about!

In the middle of my blogging hiatus, I turned 41, and decided that I really needed to invest more energy into my dreams and making them real.  Being one of lifes natural dreamers, Im easily seduced into rolling with what life offers and being happy with that, but now, I feel that I'm at a point in my life where I'd like to make some big leaps of faith.

So, together with some creative friends and the help of this book we've decided to start working on some goal setting and I'm immersing myself into learning about creative business more deeply.  I think 2014 is turning into a year of self education!!  My friends and I have agreed to provide mentoring and support for one another, and it's really postive to know they're there behind the scenes to listen and help because stepping out of my comfort zone isn't always going to be easy.

I'm really happy to be back here, blogging again.  Look forward to sharing so much more with you all.

J x



8 comments:

  1. What a great post. I am at that same junction - and the same age. Maybe I need to take time out to decide which way I should go xx Thank you xx (Jac from www.jacslittlewelshstudio.co,uk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back - best wishes for your goal setting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I am interested to hear how you get on with your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Julia,
    It's lovely to hear you are back, I missed your posts, always full of insight... Even though I follow you on facebook, I don't use facebook very often and prefer to read blogs.
    I think that the book you mentioned looks interesting.... I may have to have a look at it as well. As I approach the end of my Uni degree I am thinking of doing something more creative with my life now... It would be interesting to hear about your journey.... and look forward to more of your posts.
    Have a lovely week,
    Pati x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friends, just bobbing by to say thank you all for your kind welcome back comments, its lovely to be writing again, thanks for coming by to see me again!
    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, I'm also reading lots of creative business books and trying to get myself into a new gear. I picked up one of your beautiful cards in a little gallery shop in Bude last month. It was a lovely surprise to see your work. Keep up with the lovely blog posts. Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gemma, thank you! It's always a bit thrilling to hear that someone has found some of my artwork somewhere, so thank you for sharing that, its made a very nice start to a bleary Monday morning :) xxx

      Delete

Hello, and thank you for visiting my Blog today. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...